Tattoo Care Guide
Caring your tattoo is important as getting it. If you cannot achieve the hygiene conditions or do not mind your tattoo it would fade or even could cause infections. It might take you the starting point as getting it all over again.
Please do care your tattoo as you care picking your artist .
Tattoo Diary contains photos of daily routine of freshly done tattoo, might help you to know if its going well with healing your ink.
Caring for your tattoo is as important as getting it. If you cannot meet the hygienic terms,do not mind your tattoo fading or even worse, get infected. It might take you to square one, as if you're getting it all over again.
Please do care for your tattoo as you care picking your artist .
1. When you get home take the plastic foil out (in the first 3 hours)
2. Take a drinking water bottle and put a couple of drops of anti-bacterial soap, shake well.
3. Put the liquid over a paper towel and rub smoothly over the tattoo area (rinsing), make sure you clean it dry,by patting it.
4. Put small amounts of Optimus Cream on your tattoo and spread it till you make a very thin layer, let your tattoo open to air.
5. Before you take showers make sure you put enough amount of vaseline over your tattoo. Vaseline is water resistant.
6. After the shower wipe it off with a paper towel and put back your cream on.
7. Before you sleep make sure your sheets are clean. i recommend to put plastic foil over for the first night only, but if you can sleep without plastic foil, that's preferable.
8. If you are going to work the day after, make sure you take the necessary after care components with you. If you have to cover your tattoo while working, you need to refresh it every 3 hours from the plastic wrapping.
1. If you had the plastic wrap on all night, you might see the black liquid all over your tattoo under the plastic.
2. Use the same water/anti-bacterial soap mix to clean it, rub it with clean hands to make sure its clean.
3. Spread avery thin layer of cream on your tattoo and wrap it with plastic foil if you need to cover your tattoo ( work for example )
4. If you are free the day after tattoo session, i would recommend to have it open and apply the cream 3-4 times a day.
NOTE: if you let the plastic wrap on for more than 4 hours it may cause the infection due to lack of oxygen.
First week Shorty
First week use only Optimus Cream.
Do not let it dry ever.
First week use vaseline for water resistant while taking showers.
Tap water makes your tattoo fade. especially in Turkey.
Only first day and second, use plastic foil to cover your tattoo if necessary.
End of first week you will be able to see peeling skin over your tattoo, Do not peel or scratch.
If itching is trouble, then rub it with cream, always clean out till it makes a really thin layer.
After first week peeling will start and could continue till 3rd week.
Quit optimus cream and start using Bepanthol Skin Care Cream (not the oily one)
You going to use it for 3 more weeks
This cream get absorbed by skin more fast so 4-5 times a day you need to put cream on.
Don’t let it dry ever.
Glassy layer over the tattoo should be matted in at least 4 weeks.
Don not go under the sun in first week.
After first week you should use 50+ factor sunscreen over your tattoo (summer season)
Would recommend Avene 50+ sunscreen
Ocean and pool is dangerous for your tattoo in first 10 days,
Doing gym is not recommended in first week.
A. Bepanthol Skin Care Cream
B. Well cared tattoo work done by me (2 Months)